MUSICAL DIRECTOR & CONDUCTOR
Backworth Band is a self-supporting, 4th Section band with a busy schedule of engagements.
Due to work commitments of our current Musical Director, we are seeking a confident and energetic Musical Director who is preferably based in or around the North East Area. The ideal candidate would be free on Tuesday and Thursday evenings throughout the year, and for some additional rehearsals in the lead up to competitions.Remuneration will be negotiated with the committee prior to appointment.
The post of Musical Director includes:
1. Leading rehearsals, currently Tuesday and Thursday evenings 19:30-21:30 and any additional rehearsals when needed.
2. Selecting suitable music for rehearsals and putting together programmes of music for performances
3. Conducting the band and providing a public face for the band at performances
4. Contributing to the work of the Band Committee as appropriate to the post
Criteria for selection:
1. Good musical ability
2. Experience of Brass Bands
3. Good communication skills
4. Builds rapport with band members
5. Encourages guides and advise players to help them improve and develop
6. Treats people equally and with respect, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, playing ability etc.
Please send expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before the closing date 31stJuly 2019